Signum Advocates has dedicated team of lawyers with significant depth of energy skills, experiences and transaction know-how, and is ideally suited to advise developers, off-takers, government entities, contractors and financiers across the full spectrum of the energy project chain in Uganda’s Energy.
Our team members have advised independent power producers, Sponsors, EPC contractors on a number of hydro, geothermal and solar projects.
With in-depth experience and strong relationships across the sector, Signum Advocates has the commercial credibility to help clients achieve their objectives. We have the depth of experience and the industry knowledge to get the deal done.
Whether it is solar, hydro, geothermal, biomass or other renewable energy technology, we have the industry knowledge connections and experience needed to get deals done. Our integrated renewable energy practice covers all aspects of the industry from development and finance.
Whether you are concerned with:
- Acquisition of licenses
- Project finance
- Project land acquistion
- Project and equipment acquisition and disposition
- Offtake arrangements
- Government incentives
- Structuring and tax issues
- Engineering and construction
- Dispute resolution
- Environmental regulations
We have qualified lawyers who will help manage your risks and resolve your issues. Our practice works seamlessly with other practice areas to deliver holistic services to our clients.
Our services include:
- Advising clients on all aspects of procurement and contract documentation for the acquisition of power construction and generation licenses in Uganda;
- Negotiating project specific documents including power purchase agreements, Direct agreements and EPC contracts among others
- Acquisition of enabling licenses and permits from different regulatory bodies
- Land acquisition
- Tax advisory.
- Advising on the financing and refinancing of projects.