Our Intellectual Property (IP) team is unique in its strength in advising on both contentious and transactional IP matters and tech Law. We advise a number of local and multi-national companies on a wide range of Intellectual Property issues, including securing registration of trademarks, designs and patents, IP opposition proceedings, acquiring and licensing IP, advising on copyright relating to your website or products enforcing and defending IP in litigation and other dispute resolution proceedings. We also draft commercial agreements, and help you license your IP or sell your online business.
We take a multidisciplinary approach to today's emerging issues in the development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property assets. We have a full-service IP practice that is fully integrated with other practices.
Our lawyers select the right options to fit each client’s business sector and strategy, whether they are assessing an IP portfolio, performing due diligence for an acquisition, securing a patent, trademark, trade secret or copyright, or using litigation to resolve business disputes over infringement or misappropriation.
Our services include;
- IP litigation including IP infringement suits, Trademark opposition or expungement such as preparing the opposition/expungement documents and attending to hearings.
- Renewal of trademarks, change of name or address, application of additional trade mark classes or goods, and recording of assignments.
- Drafting or review licensing agreements.
- Patent applications in Uganda as well as through the African Regional Intellectual Property Organisation (ARIPO).
- Co-ordinate the registration, renewal and assignment of client trade marks in Africa.
- Performing Legal Due Diligence for an acquisition of IP rights
- Prepare and review templates for clients for use in assignments, registered user transactions, and consent for registration of similar marks.
- Respond to the Registrar of Trade Marks in relation to disclaimers, refusals or any other office action.