Batanda joined the Firm as a Partner in January 2018 from the Attorney General’s Chambers; Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs.
In his seven-year stint at the Attorney General’s Chambers, he litigated in the East African Court of Justice, Common Market for Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (COMESA) Court, the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Constitutional Court, High Court and various Tribunals and Commissions.
Batanda is also a holder of a Masters in Energy Law from the University of Aberdeen and advised government on key matters in the oil and gas industry shortly before joining the Firm.
Batanda is also a lecturer at the Institute of Petroleum Studies, Kampala.
- Master of Laws in Energy Law (Distinction), University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre
- LLB (HONS) Makerere University
- Member of the Uganda Law Society
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Energy law
- Commercial Dispute Resolution & Commercial Arbitration
- Corporate and Commercial Law