Ian is a Partner and heads the Tax, Company Secretarial, Banking and Project Finance departments in the Firm. Ian’s legal career started at Shonubi Musoke Advocates and later with KPMG Uganda.
- LLB (Hons) Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre
- ADIT (Principles of international taxation and taxation of upstream oil and gas certificates), Chartered Institute of Taxation, UK International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) Secondee to Latham and Watkins 2016
- Domestic and International Tax advisory
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate Governance
- Company secretarial services
- Project Finance
- Islamic Finance
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) secondee to Latham and Watkins LLP
- Selected to give a brief on the law in Uganda for the website of the Law Society of England and Wales.
- Best thought leadership writer in East Africa for KPMG East Africa.
- Editor in Chief, KPMG Uganda and KPMG East Africa Tax bulletin.