Patson is a Partner at the firm and spearheads the Employment, Energy and Infrastructure teams. He is both Uganda and UK trained lawyer with over ten (10) years of experience in legal practice. Prior to Joining Signum, Patson worked with the Dispute Resolution, Energy and Infrastructure groups at Sebalu & Lule Advocates. Patson is also regarded a market leader in employment advisory and dispute resolution.
Patson has for the last ten (10) years advised on some of the biggest energy and infrastructure projects and handled complex disputes at both trial and appellate levels as well as in arbitration. He was part of the core team at Sebalu & Lule (DLA Piper Africa) that handled numerous commercial and labour disputes for Standard Chartered Bank, Umeme Ltd, Total E&P, Tullow Oil, Sinohydro Corporation Limited, Root Capital Inc, Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited, Barclays Bank of Uganda Limited, Centenary Bank, Hima Cement Limited, Nakasero Hospital, Rift Valley Railways Limited among others from different sectors.
Patson also runs a wide-ranging commercial arbitration practice, and he has been involved in a number of domestic and international arbitrations under the LCIA and UNCITRAL arbitration frameworks.
In 2015, he was seconded to the global law firm of Mayer Brown International LLP in its London office and Blackstone Chambers in London as part of the prestigious International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) Programme with a special emphasis to the African Market. Patson worked under notable solicitors and barristers in both non-contentious and contentious briefs.
- Master of Laws (Distinction) in Oil & Gas Law, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen Scotland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Bar Course), Law Development Centre, Kampala
- Special Diploma in Trial Advocacy, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, USA.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Uganda Christian University.
- The Uganda Law Society,
- The East African Law Society;
- The Energy Institute, United Kingdom,
- The Uganda Chamber of Mines & Petroleum,
- Young International Arbitration Group of London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA YIAG),
- Young ICCA (International Council for Commercial Arbitration)
- Oil & Gas, Energy and Infrastructure;
- Commercial Dispute Resolution & Commercial Arbitration;
- Employment Advisory and Corporate Immigration