The death of a loved one is always a difficult time and can be extremely distressing. Probate can often be a burden and sometimes a long process. Our specialist probate & estate team will guide you through the responsibilities and arrangements for probate. Our team provides sympathetic, friendly and practical advice. Many people have not dealt with a deceased's estate and we pride ourselves on providing a professional and approachable service.
The overriding aim of our probate & estate team is to help you complete the administration of the estate as quickly as possible and to deal with matters in a professional and personal way.
How we can help you:
- Our experienced team will guide you through all aspects of administering an estate including:
- Ascertaining details of the estate
- Applying for letters of administration
- Applying for the grant of probate
- Collecting in the assets, paying any debts, administering the estate and distributing the net estate to the beneficiaries
- Where necessary assisting in locating missing beneficiaries
- Dealing with the administration of the estate under the intestacy rules
- In circumstances where there are no close relatives, we can deal with various matters including more personal arrangements such as attending to funeral arrangements, registering the death and arranging clearance of the house
- Our specialists also deal with conveyancing and the sale of houses within estates