Philip is one of the founding team members and served as the pioneer Managing Partner of the firm for three (3) years.
Philip holds an LLB (with honours) from Uganda Christian University Mukono and a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
His main practice areas include Energy law, Banking, Corporate Finance employment law, Company law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Telecommunications, Land conveyance, Venture Capital transactions, Private Equity and general Corporate and Commercial law.
Philip started his practice with Bitangaro & Co. Advocates and later joined Katende, Ssempebwa & Co. Advocates, a top tier law firm ranked in Chambers and Partners and IFLR1000.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Lead advisor to Dan Solar on their proposed grid solar project in Uganda.
- Part of the on-ground local implementation team of Mandulis Energy Limited (a renewable energy company registered in the UK and Uganda) in its bid to pilot, and launch the first ever large scale on grid bio mass power plant as well as launching several off grid projects in rural areas under the Rural Electrification Agency.
- Lead advisor to the Mara Foundation in the acquisition and restructure of Riley Media Limited
- Lead advisor to Vavaki Architects on the proposed construction of a multi-million dollar grade A office complex.
- Providing routine corporate and company secretarial advisory services to Liquid Telecom, Jumia and all the associated brands, FOL Logistics, Vavaki Architects, M&N Cleaning Services, among others.
- Co-transactional Adviser on the recapitalisation of FOL Logistics Limited.