Alex Matovu is a Partner at the firm. His experience is Real Estate, land conveyancing, trade and corporate financing and litigation and Arbitration.
Alex obtained an (LLB with Honours) from Makerere University, Kampala and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. He also obtained a Diploma in Revenue Law and Taxation from the East African School of Tax.
Alex started his legal career at Kaggwa and Kaggwa Advocates one of the leading commercial and corporate law firms in Uganda.
Alex is passionate about personal estates, real estate, trade and corporate financing and is an astute litigator and arbitration expert. At the Firm he is referred to as the “Peace maker” for his mediation and arbitration skills.
Alex is a published author of the “International Dispute Settlement-Uganda’s experience from 1962 to date”. He is also regularly hosted on the national broadcasting television stations to make comments on legal and social issues.
- Justice Advocacy Africa
- Center for Alternative Dispute Resolutions (CADER)
- Member of the Professional Development Committee of the Uganda Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society
- Member of the East African Law Society
- Acting for Kehong Uganda Industrial Development Limited, a Chinese multi national company in a suit involving a dispute over their 1.5 square mile agricultural park.
- Acting for Property Services in a suit concerning ownership of a multi-million-dollar commercial property in Kampala.
- Represented and advised a client on a USD 5 million trade financing transaction with one of the major Banks in Uganda.
- Advised FOL Logistics Limited on the USD 5 million complex land transaction for the acquisition of over 10,000 acres of land in Uganda for agriculture.
- Advised on the USD 300,000 acquisition/sale of land to a private real estate non-resident owner
- Acted for Multiplus Limited in multi million shillings suit against SBI International where the matter was settled by mediation.
ere the matter was settled by mediation.