Consumers are afforded significant rights when dealing with business entities and we can advise our clients on all aspects of consumer law issues affecting their businesses. For example the dry cleaning business is ripe in Uganda, however many such establishments just download terms and conditions without understanding the implications or whether they are applicable to the Ugandan Market.
Our consumer contracts service offering includes a full range of support to our clients, including:
- Reviewing pre-contractual information, (including information contained on websites), to ensure the same is compliant with consumer law
- Preparing terms and conditions for use with consumers to comply with the myriad of legislation in this area
- Advising on potential liabilities to consumers and the various statutory rights
- Advising on returns policies offered to consumers both in store and on-line
- Advising on data protection and data privacy issues involving consumers
- Supporting clients on the launch of their products and services within Uganda.
- Conducting due diligence in corporate acquisitions
- Offering advice and support where businesses face challenges from individual consumers or from regulators